Thursday, March 3, 2011

How to handle Anger. Works for certain individuals only.

In this life, we are bound to experience many kinds of hate. Yes, there's indeed more than one kind of hate, I believe. Hate is such a strong word thus bringing us a more profound meaning. You are angered by someone or something, you tend to generate an emotion that is highly unexplainable, and generally hard to comprehend when it is expressed. Hatred.
One of your pals suddenly chooses to break the bond of friendship between you two, one that took many years to solidify, by betraying you and stabbing you in the back. Such are traitors these days.Your heart bears the weight of hatred for that person. Cursing the years spent together, locking yourself up from the outside world, and for the rest of your life you would remain guarded and fragile, like a forest of deadly thorns surrounding the castle of a fair maiden. Wait, wait. Let me stop you right there, just as you are about to conclude that, the person betrayed by the fool is me, well, yes you are wrong. I mean no. This is a mere example, nothing more, nothing less. Truth be told, I have had my share of all that drama, back when I was young and naive. When I was just starting to get friendly with the outside world. *Stares into space, deep in thought suddenly feeling nostalgic and...* DRIFTING OFF!  Coming back now......................

I’ve got a live one for you.



She is full of vanity, truly she is. Let’s call her Miekin. I am unable to assemble appropriate, good words to define her accurately. Well how about this then. She is such a typical low class girl, hailed from somewhere in A VILLAGE (I assume….) in.. I don't know where, I've never heard of that place before.., coming here to the big city to study. Of course, she enters a good school, trying to get her hands on her college degree, well, I wish her smooth sailing on that one (And forever, she will try and try to get her college degree, some day and that day may never ever come until her last BREATH *Spits*).


Anyway, she plants this amazing, clever idea in her empty head that- no, this utterly pathetic imagination, that she, possesses the prettiest face, has the hottest most amazing body EVERR. I mean really? Can anyone sink THAT low? Apparently she can.



I don’t mind that she imagines so, let her think what she wants.


And just as I thought she couldn’t sink any lower... she sinks, and now, lower than the Titanic she has sunk.





Bahirah gets involved in an argument with her boyfriend, and apparently so, it’s one hell of a misunderstanding, as many unwanted people are involved. Many, many, unwanted people. Bahirah confronts them all, one at a time, she tries to make sense of the situation, one statement collides with another statement, opinions clashing with one another, and leading up to a point where she is at war with herself- till she hears the name Miekin uttering out of her friend’s mouth. Who is this Miekin? Why did you mention her name in that tone of voice? Why haven’t you mentioned about her, about all this before? She asks her dimwitted friend, in a response, he stares down at the table, his face showing regret and guilt. No matter.


Bahirah decides to confront this Miekin girl. She contacts Miekin. Oh, bahirah says, she doesn’t seem to be that bad to get to know after all- Damned, I spoke too soon. Suddenly Miekin gets jumpy and demanding. Now, Bahirah claims war with Miekin. So begins the phone call. I mean, war.


Bahirah tells Miekin, she wants to know the truth about everything, from start to finish., beginning to the end, wherever that is. Miekin explains them all, with full detail, sadly, supplies nothing but worthless, irrelevant stories about, mostly, herself.


‘The whole 10 minutes was such a complete waste!’ Bahirah shouts. ‘I never got what I wanted out of that conversation! It was the dumbest  conversation I’ve ever had with anything that breathes! My cat’s a better conversationalist than her! The whole time, she was talking about herself, how she likes to go clubbing, and oddly enough, she specified the term clubbing, like, ‘‘I am a clubber, by the way’’


So fucking what?’


‘ But thank goodness I did squeeze something out of that empty brain of hers’. The relief that Bahirah feels, after capturing a single detail, is such a satisfying feeling. Even a small one, made such a huge difference, and changed everything, in the long run. So now Bahirah feels good, but she still feels hatred for Miekin. Bahirah is someone who keeps her anger to herself, she never even weighed the option to tell Miekin off. She wanted to, but she doesn’t have the guts to do so, because she is such a wuss. I’m kidding. But, it’s not good to keep them locked up inside, right? Let’s get the spot light on Bahirah now, see what she wants to say.


I PITY YOU, MIEKIN. YOU ARE SUCH A LOW CLASS, JUVENILE LITTLE BRAINLESS BIMBO, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ONE. YOU THINK YOU POSSESS THE PRETTIEST FACE? I THINK YOU POSSESS THE PRETTIEST MASK. YOU KNOW, HALLOWEEN’S OVER, SO YOU CAN TAKE OFF THAT MASK NOW. WHAT YOU’RE EXPERIENCING NOW, IS CALLED CULTURE SHOCK, A KAMPUNG GIRL LIKE YOU, WHO’S NEVER SEEN THE LIFE IN THE BIG CITY; A condition of confusion and anxiety affecting a person suddenly exposed to an alien culture, AS ONE WOULD PUT IT. THERE. AND LEARN CORRECT, PROPER ENGLISH, YOU KAMPUNG GIRL! YOU’RE HUMILIATING YOURSELF!


‘I feel better now.’ Bahirah says to herself. She feels better now. So you see, setting free of your hatred is exceptionally important, I think so. Do you still hate Miekin, Bahirah? ‘More than the words can say.’


...,…There you go, Bahirah confesses. 


1 comment:

  1. ...good and intense write-up as always...only noticed the similarity in the writer's name and Bahirah though...lol

    ReplyDelete