Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BodyCombat!

So yesterday my bodycombat dream came true. It's something I thought would never happen, in this life time, so at one point in my life I stopped hoping and dreaming and fantasizing about it. Little did I know, I would end up living the dream, (Okay, for at least, like an hour?) BUT I DID, AND I COULDN'T BE ANYMORE STOKED ABOUT IT, YEAHH.

Here it is, for some of you non-gym-ers. Lemme introduce yous all to Les Mills. So Les Mills  is a series of group fitness-to-music classes, they've got BodyStep, Bodyjam, BodyPump, and the most popular *BodyCombat. I'm listing the ones that are most popular among gym-ers. So far, I've joined only one of these classes, because I find that my body coordination for dancing(BodyJam) is ultimately crippled. Majorly. I do not dance, I do not 'jive to the music' and I certainly do not  'let my body flow with the rythm.' Nope.


BodyJam

I don't do sexy. I find it exceptionally hard to sway my ass from left to right, and  shimmying and jiggling it making it all jelly-like and, just swishing my hips  and pop my chest into crazy hip hop dance moves thinking sex appeal, lust, desire, SEX.  I can't freaking Beyonce my body, I don't know why.. It's just so.. unnatural for me to do it; I swear after the sight of me trying to be sexy (to say the least) you'd want your eyes burnt. Or better yet, you'd need a fresh pair of eyes, I shit you not. It's just (dot dot dot) horrifying.

BUT, THIS IS WHAT I DO BEST =)


LIKE A DRUG TO ME

Ohh yes. OH MAN, YES. First time I tried this baybee out I was 16. My first class turned out to be humiliating and amazing both at the same time. I was a newbie, back then, so I didn't even know how to form a fist the correct way let alone punch. haha, my friend even tagged my punches, they were, as I recall,  'as soft as  a sneaker full of puppy shit'.

HAHA, LOOK AT ME NOW, IN YOUR FACE, LINDA! like literally.

 It turned out AWESOME, I still do remember my first class, was with Calvin. I call him teddy bear behind his back, and to this day, he has no idea of it, so informacion secretos. And on that day I discovered extreme happiness, I unleashed fierce energy I never knew I had in me. What I love most about bodycombat is the encouragement generated by the instructors, always pushing you, and setting free of your comfort zones and that instant bruce lee shout (HAIIYAAHH!) by fellow combaters at every frontkicks, backkicks and punches thrown in the air. You'd feel like you're hooked on something strong and you wanna do more, suddenly ka-zillion gulps of water during 5 seconds of break seems unnecessary to you,  you're just waiting for the next track listing to jolt you back into combat stance as the rush explodes in you once again. The whole combination is overwhelming and incredible. Incredible is the word. Sheer pleasure and Ultimate satisfaction.


Bodycombaters!


SO NOW I AM ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED, IMMA GO TAKE A NAP NOW, BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment